Friday 3 January 2014

The posts that never were

I was thinking earlier that being the New Year I perhaps ought to do some kind of round up of the last year, a look back at the big events.  The only problem was, that to be honest, I don't think that there was anything all that big that happened last year.  As I was running through ideas though, it occurred to me that there were at least two things happened that I didn't blog about.  The first, simply because I was going through a not very active on the blogging front stage, and the second, because I think I was in denial.  So, here, and then again when I next blog I'm planning on writing those two posts, the posts that never were.

The first one I'm going to tackle, is the one that I was in denial about; Mahe starting school.  Now you would think that such a momentous occasion would result in at least one post, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I'm not sure if it was him turning five and going to school, or just that it also meant that I'm now half way through my 30's and we've been here for five years.  I'm not going to dwell on the last of those two things here though, this is about my little man.


When Kai started school, I was really upset that he was old enough to be at school,  but at the same time I had no doubt in my mind that he was ready.  With Mahe though, I was far less convinced, he seemed ready in some ways, but we had tears on more than one occasion at the thought of leaving Koputai, his day care, and I just wasn't sure that he was ready to go.


As it was I was worrying about nothing, yes, there were a few tears when he left Koputai, and yes a few more when he started school (mine) but he was ready, and it didn't take more than a few weeks to seem as though he'd been there for ages.

Seeing your children grow up is both wonderful and dreadful all at once.  Of course I want them to get bigger, and develop into the people that they become, I just wish that they wouldn't do it so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment