Monday 24 March 2014

Gingerbread muffins.

I can't claim credit for this recipe for gingerbread muffins, I got it from at on-line forum about five years ago, and as I was worried that I might loose it, I thought I'd better make a note of it here. I can however take credit for introducing it to you, try making these gingerbread muffins, yummy.


Gingerbread muffins recipe

Ingredients

250g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
100g brown sugar
150 milk
1/4 tsp balsamic vinegar
6 tbs oil
4 tbs treacle
4 tbs golden syrup


Method

Prehead over to 200 degrees centigrade (gas mark 6)
In one bowl mix flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
Whisk egg with brown sugar, add milk, balsamic vinegar, oil, treacle and golden syrup.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together, don't worry if it's a bit lumpy at this stage.
Fill muffin cases, bake for 20 mins, until springing back when touched.


Gingerbread muffins


These gingerbread muffins are particularly yummy when warm and cut in half with a bit of butter on them. Try making them, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment