Monday 11 May 2015

In search of sleep

Last night, was a bad night as far as sleep is concerned. I woke up at around 2 am, then couldn't get back to sleep until after 5 am. It probably wouldn't have been so bad, if A hadn't then woken at 6.30 am. Today, I am tired.

I shouldn't really complain, compared to some that's actually a good night, and these days it's the exception rather than the rule in any case. Even so, I feel done in. I think that when you're not used to broken sleep, it feels, in some ways at least, worse than when you're regularly having little sleep. I know that's easy for me to say, now that my children have reached the age that they sleep through most nights.
In search of sleep

I have been there though, for over six years I don't think I had more than one or two full nights sleep.
My oldest, K was a good sleeper, apart from the initial new born stage, when all babies wake often, he slept really well. Baby number two, M, was a completely different story. He was still waking often when baby number three L arrived. They both slept through eventually, but of course before I was getting good sleep A was on the way, pregnancy isn't a great time to sleep, and L was still waking from time to time, so yep, no good sleep then.

Last night was not a good sleep night and I'm feeling the effects today. You know how it is. Grumpy, short tempered and snappy. I only need four more and I'd have the full set of dwarfs. I hope that tonight is a better go, or come tomorrow I'll be on my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment