Monday 2 June 2014

Going shampoo free

I don't use shampoo on any of my children, they are all shampoo free.  I'd like to do the same myself, but I think my hair is too used to regular washing with shampoo.  It didn't start out as a concious decision to never use shampoo, but that's just how it's turned out.

Newborn toiletries

When all of the children were newborn, I didn't use any toiletries at all with them.  Newborns don't really seem to get dirty, and to be honest there isn't really any need for lots of bubble bath and shampoos when they they are really little.  Newborns smell lovely with out any artificial scents added, and their sensitive skin means that it's best to avoid toiletries, I'd always intended to start using shampoo at some point though.  As Kai got older, he just never really needed it though, and now at 7 1/2 I've never used shampoo on his hair, or on any of the other children.

shampoo free

Beautiful hair

Kai has got the most beautiful, soft hair, I'd love to have such lovely hair, and I'm sure that it's down to it being shampoo free.  It never looks dirty or greasy, and it does get washed regularly, with water, just not shampoo.  I read that soap actually cleans hair really well, but only if it's not hair that's been washed regularly with shampoo.  If I were to try and use soap on my hair it would go all dry and funny, because I do usually shampoo my hair.  But on the odd occasion that I've actually needed to wash the kids hair with something a bit stronger than water, the soap works fine.

Going shampoo free like Lena

My girls both have lovely curly hair, and I suspect that as they get older I may well need to use something to de-tangle their hair, it can get a bit knotted as it is, but for the time being I'm going to stick with the shampoo free.

Going shampoo free myself

I'd love to be able to cut out shampoo on my own hair, but the problem is that when you use it regularly, it takes quite a while for your hair to get back to managing without it.  I've heard of people cutting it out, and ending up with lovely soft, non-greasy hair, but to get there you have to go through the horrid, greasy, unwashed phase.  I hate the feeling when my hair needs washing though, so although I would love to go shampoo free like the kids, I don't think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment