Thursday 16 March 2017

Tea for Two by Kailee Reese Samuels

Tea for Two by Kailee Reese Samuels.

I have to admit that I haven't read any of Kailee Reese Samuels books before, so I was interested to give Tea for Two a go.

Tea for Two


He’s spent months learning to keep clients happy to line his wallet. When an unlikely friendship spins his world upside down, Sal ends up discovering the girl of his dreams. Chasing after Bertie the only way he knows how, Sal pushes out of his comfort zone and forces everyone to realize how far he’ll go to get what he wants. 



Welcome to the story of Sal & Bertie… where some dreams only end in a nightmare. 



TEA FOR TWO (The SOS Series Book 2) is set within the Juliet world and provides further glimpses into Salvatore Raniero’s backstory. 



KAILEE REESE SAMUELS writes contemporary, romantic, and suspense, with an erotic flair. Let her words whisk you away, escaping with delicious guys, toe-curling kisses, and addictive stories.



WARNING: This book contains graphic BDSM, strong sexual situations, and explicit language. Contents intended for MATURE readers 18+ ONLY.



My Review

In many ways this is a hard book to review, for me at least. Having not read any of the other books in The SOS series, or Juliette before, I was coming to the characters blind. I don't think it matters too much if you start with this book. It is after all a prequel to Juliette and the story line within it works as a stand alone. Having said that, there are quite a few people to get your head around and I found myself a little lost in the early chapters, as to who was who and how they fit in. Once I got into the book, it didn't really matter and didn't detract from my enjoyment.

On the whole I enjoyed the story line, it was interesting seeing both Sal and Bertie question who they were and what they wanted. They both questioned what they had been lead to believe about where they fit in and what is expected of them. The emotional pull that Sal experiences, as he juggles his emotions for both Bertie and Kaci. 

I didn't find that BDSM or writing to be too graphic, I think sometimes when you have a warning that it is going to be graphic and for older readers only, you tend to expect it to be even more full on than it actually is. 

Tea for two deals with some interesting questions about who we are sexually and if that is something that is set in stone or more fluid than that. It asks Sal to consider who he really is, what he wants and if he is prepared to risk his idea of himself to get it. I enjoyed this book, I suspect that I would have enjoyed it even more had I read the other books in the series. It's definitely worth giving a go though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment