Friday 15 December 2017

Bound to the Bad Boy Series - Alexis Abbott

The Bound to the Bad Boy series is a series of three books that follows Bruno and Serena and their journey to happily ever after. Although it is spread over three books, this is a series that has to be read in order. The books aren't stand alone novels and would make little sense if you read just one or out of order.

Bound for life

Bruno: 

I sacrificed everything for her. When I saved her from the mafia, I traded my freedom for hers. I’ve never regretted it. Never looked back. I cut her out of my life to keep her safe. She never even knew what I traded for her.

I did everything I could to protect her from the retribution of the Italian Mafia, but it wasn’t enough. They’re after her again, and all that’s standing between her and the darkest fate imaginable is me.

Serena: 

It’s scary the things you can close your eyes to. Even after I was rescued from men who wanted to do the worst things to me, I went on with my life. I forgot all about the threats of the mafia, about what they forced me to do, and even the man who saved me from them.

But now, my hero has returned, and just in a nick of time. Because the mafia is coming for me, and this time, I don’t know if we’re going to get out of this alive.

Bound to the Mafia

Bruno: 

They stole her from me. I killed to keep her safe so that we can build a life together.

Now I'm rotting in prison. But these bars can't hold me. Not when Serena is on the other side of them. I'll tear down the walls with my bare hands, crush the skull of anyone who gets in my way until she's mine again.

Serena: 

I thought our pain was behind us. How am I going to survive without him? Because I have a bad feeling that this is going to get a whole lot more dangerous very soon.

Bound in Love

Serena: 

I've lost everything. He sacrificed himself to keep me safe.

But I'm not safe.

Our baby isn't safe.

Now, more than ever, I need my hero. I need Bruno.





My Review

We follow Serena and Bruno from when they are first reunited and find their way one another once again. In the first book, we find out that Bruno and Serena had fallen in love when they were just teenagers, but life and the Mafia, came in the way. Bruno found himself caught up in a life that he had tried to avoid and decided that it was best to stay away from Serena in order to keep her safe. Now, things have changed and they are thrown together once again, only to find that their attraction is stronger than ever.

By the second installment quite a bit of time has passed and Serena and Bruno have been apart again. They can't stay apart for long though and once again they find their way back together. I don't really want to give too much away, by talking too much about what happens in the second and third book.

Over all this was a good, well paced read. The characters were well written and I liked both Serena and Bruno. I did think that Bruno was slightly too good to be true, at least in what he was able to do physically at times. I thought that the reasons that Bruno had been drawn into the life he led were interesting. It helped to make him into a character that you could care about, rather than being someone who seems to be violent for the sake of it.

This was a good read and I enjoyed all three books in the series. If you enjoy mafia based romances with a bad boy who really has a soft side and a heart of gold, then I don't think that you will go far wrong with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment